587,167 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > The State of CNC Positions

The State of CNC Positions

I just did a search on Google on "Women and CNC" and ran across an article in India. It seems that India is loosing alot of its male CNC workforce to foreign countries, so to offset this loss they are offering to train thousands of Indian women to run and program CNC equipment at zero cost to the women.

Was wondering if you've seen any evidence of foreign workers displacing local workers?

edgy topic
    it s happening everywhere in all aspects of work , ive talked to guys who were raised with the idea that canada was a utopia ,where people where people stood with open welcoming arms , they come to realize quickly that it doesn't work that way , being raised in a bush wackin town in northern ontario , never thought about until i moved to the city and saw the amount of different origins ,
    personally i beleave in live and let live but undercut my job wages and i'll cut your throat

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX
    I just did a search on Google on "Women and CNC" and ran across an article in India. It seems that India is loosing alot of its male CNC workforce to foreign countries, so to offset this loss they are offering to train thousands of Indian women to run and program CNC equipment at zero cost to the women.

Was wondering if you've seen any evidence of foreign workers displacing local workers?
    Yes, in larger companies in NY. Most don't even speak English very well and ask for a lot less money.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap
    edgy topic
    it s happening everywhere in all aspects of work , ive talked to guys who were raised with the idea that canada was a utopia ,where people where people stood with open welcoming arms , they come to realize quickly that it doesn't work that way , being raised in a bush wackin town in northern ontario , never thought about until i moved to the city and saw the amount of different origins ,
    personally i beleave in live and let live but undercut my job wages and i'll cut your throat
    As much as I agree and disagree there isn't much we can do about this issue Dersap
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

globalization !?@#$

personaly I do so of my best work under a women ask my wife she tell you I can only "F...-up"

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    personaly I do so of my best work under a women ask my wife she tell you I can only "F...-up"
    those are the times you can t get pissed off because shes sitting

For once not a BEER post.

BTW: My new title is "Evil Machinist :bat: "
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    For once not a BEER post.

BTW: My new title is "Evil Machinist :bat: "
    most of the time it the beer that makes me F....-up and why evil machinist?

most of the time it the beer that makes me F....-up and why evil machinist?
    Geof wanted to change his to "Evil Robot", I guess "Evil Machinist" is on the extreme side but at the time I couldn't think of anything else.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

no sudjestion, you can call you self anything you want. Us Bobcad user are used to people calling us names.Even if they will not type it!!

no sudjestion, you can call you self anything you want. Us Bobcad user are used to people calling us names.Even if they will not type it!!
    It's not my name but it looks pretty COOL with the Dragon Avatar
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

*chuckle*