587,380 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > High pressure coolant systems

High pressure coolant systems

My company is seeking a quality high pressure coolant system that is easy to integrate with most machine tool manufactures. I am looking for systems capable of delivering 1000psi at the tool. I was wondering if there is a brand that stands above all the others as we are looking for a quality product. I currently only have chip blaster units and would like feedback on other units so that I may inquire about them at the IMTS show in September.

From my experience, there are two basic features of a system to consider. Does the unit need to have it's own reservoir tank or not? How many ports do you need?

MP Systems pumps offer both types (reservoir/non-reservoir) with a variety of port configurations. Mike Sayers, the founder of the company, really knows the business of high-pressure coolant pumps. I am trying to find contact information on his company, but all I've found so far is his biggest distributor, MonsterSwiss.com.

How many gallons per minute would you need at 1000psi? What machines are they going on? How big are the coolant tanks on the machines, and what coolant or oil do you wish to run?

There are many factors to consider in choosing the best system, these are most of them.

PixMan,
    I have several machines that we are considering we definetly want to do our Kiwa knh 400 and 426 horizontal mills they have approxamatly 150 gallon tanks. I currently have a chipblaster unit on one of these and have found the external resevoir helps with the coolant demand. We also have some Puma lathes made by doosan and some mazak machines we would like to add to. I do not know a gallon per minute ratio that we are looking for simply doing preliminary research to better assist cnc programmers choice of unit.

we have 5 chipblasters and 9 cooljet highpressure systems. both have there pros and cons but chipblaster is more compatible with different machine manufactures.