I just got Gwizard and now I have a new appreciation for speeds and feeds with all the different parameters the best is computed by with depth of cut, tool deflection, amount of cut, horsepower available, etc.

Looking at the recommended feeds and speeds for a ton of pockets I need to do in aluminum one thing I have never thought of before has come out. With the horsepower I have available in my machine and the amount of tool defection I can run at full cutter width at slow feed or multiple passes or I can run full depth, and only about 30% cutter width. Since I have a lot to cut I want to run full depth for max metal removal rate and not wearing out just the end of the end mill. The problem is that starting the cut I would need to plunge then run several inches at full width before making the rest of the passes at the lesser width of cuts.

I am using RhinoCam and it only allows one feed rate for the whole pocketing operation. How would those of you with more experience run this operation. Would you let the program make the G code then manually go in and slow the feed rate from the end of the plunge to the end of the first pass before it starts the second pass? Or would you run full cutter width the whole time and do multiple depth steps? Or would you do the plunge and first linear pass at full width in one step then finish out the rest of the pocket with the lower stepover in a second step at a different feed rate? Or would you just run the whole thing all at the same feed rate even though the recommended rate at the beginning when it is full width is lower?