587,833 active members*
3,702 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Laguna IQ revisited - need advice please!!

Laguna IQ revisited - need advice please!!

Hello, I just joined today because I'm sure I will need all the help I can get with a new CNC router. I'm a pro woodworker/furniture maker in Washington state and am looking to buy a cnc to develop some product ideas. I don't want to risk a lot of money but I do want a machine that is heavy duty enough for semi production. I've narrowed it down to the Laguna IQ because it seems to be the most affordable industrial level one from a recognizable woodworking machine company. I know it's made in China but that to me means the price per pound is really good and I would think that all that weight will help rigidity. But the rap has not been good about the Laguna IQ - I really have not been able to find a favorable independent review so I'm a little nervous about going ahead. Now the feedback I've seen is at least 2 yr ago and I hear the machines have been upgraded.
    Now I'm thinking going direct from a Chinese manufacturer, saving a couple K that I expect to need for upgrades? Anybody know who makes the IQ?
    So please if anyone out there has an IQ and an opinion please respond! How's that water cooled spindle and or HHC doing?
    - I need to decide by the end of Nov. to get into a discount they say. Also if anyone has gone the direct from China route please let me know how it's going.
    Thanks

Re: Laguna IQ revisited - need advice please!!

I have no experience with manufactured machines however I have built 2 and am working on my third. With that said, I've looked closely at the ShopSabre product line for a benchmark for my builds. I'm not sure how much they cost, but they seem like well engineered and built machines and I would suspect they come with good customer support.