587,133 active members*
3,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Its been a long wait....

2 Months since placing the order and here stands my PCNC770, from the USA to England! Barely enough space in my little garage for the 770 so good thing I did not push the button on a 1100. Looking forward to the build and be prepared for some noob questions.

G.

Re: Its been a long wait....

Congrats on the new machine! It will look a bit smaller once it is out of the crate.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Congrats on the new machine! It will look a bit smaller once it is out of the crate.
    Thanks Mike! There is gonna be a lot of shuffling about.

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Make sure your silicone the tray very aggressively, I used a lot and mine still leaks so do it like you mean it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like you have a spot cleared out for it between the ladder and the vacuum.
    Congratulations!

Thanks for the heads up tbev. Well spotted oneinight, that indeed is its final resting place.

G

You running the factory coolant system?

If you are I'll show you what I did to significantly increase your flow and happiness.

Nice efficient shop your going to have there. Wont have to walk far for anything just like my shop. Congratulations!
    Wonder if that unit made the trip across the Great Lakes and associated seaways before crossing the atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    You running the factory coolant system?

If you are I'll show you what I did to significantly increase your flow and happiness.
    Hi tbev. Read a couple of posts regarding how poor the factory flood coolant performs on the Tormach and made the decision there and then to go fog buster. In hind sight I should've just pulled the trigger on one, but can always get it later or alternately source a third party flood coolant device here in the UK. Thanks for the offer anyhow, and will be in touch if I decide to get the factory version in the future.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Nice efficient shop your going to have there. Wont have to walk far for anything just like my shop. Congratulations!
    Wonder if that unit made the trip across the Great Lakes and associated seaways before crossing the atlantic.
    Getting smaller with every purchase pal. Yup every thing is in arms reach......

Nice! You will be very happy with your 770. I run the hell out of mine and it continues to perform with very minimal maintenance. Mist coolant works great for most operations. Just be sure to have some oil prepared for drilling and tapping and you should be good to go. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    Nice! You will be very happy with your 770. I run the hell out of mine and it continues to perform with very minimal maintenance. Fog coolant works great for most operations. Just be sure to have some oil prepared for drilling and tapping and you should be good to go. Congrats!
    Cheers pal. Got some Hangsterfers S-500 CF for the Fog Buster and a tub of Rocol RTD for drilling, reaming and tapping operations.

Nice bunch of guys here and feels good to be part of the community!

G.

Congratulations on the 770 purchase!
    I receive mine back in November of '13, and it's still running like a champ.
    I too have a small, 1-car garage for a shop.
    I've managed to cram in my Tormach 770, a Millrite Mill, 12x36 lathe, surface grinder, 50 gallon compressor, 2 upright toolboxes, belt sander, and welder.
    There's PLENTY of room!!

Nice and cosy Russ! If We need something it's literally arms length away!

Great to see lads this side of the pond getting Tormach. I have to ask, if you dont mind. Why tormach and not one of the optimum BF series or other European machine (not that its even made in Europe haha)

Im asking because im eventually gonna bite the bullet and buy a cnc ( im sure itll be a while yet as a wedding it a costly event).... mark my words :P

Its been a long wait....

In a word, rigidity. Those BF Machines are manual conversions, so not very rigid at all. Also did a lot of research on various options and spoke to a Wabeco owner who also had a 770 and said the 770 is far better than the Wabeco with much higher MRR. That and the fact that there is a massive community of members here at CNC zone for support, not to mention YouTube videos by John Saunders and others! Good front end software is important too,so another obvious choice - Pathpilot. Tormach are also a great company to deal with, and are quick to respond to any enquiry's or issues.
    I do like your analogy as it pretty much cost me what our wedding cost!!!!
    G

Hi G.

Thanks for posting your new arrival - and welcome to the forum. ( I am the crash proof probe guy - been in sunny Queensland, Aussy for a few days to avoid divorce )

Keep us posted - nice to think of another Tormach owner in the UK.

Keen

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Hi G.

Thanks for posting your new arrival - and welcome to the forum. ( I am the crash proof probe guy - been in sunny Queensland, Aussy for a few days to avoid divorce )

Keep us posted - nice to think of another Tormach owner in the UK.

Keen
    Hi Cliff!

Ah yeah, compromise! A weekend away to score enough brownie points for more workshop time!

Yes, I have subscribed to your channel and I am also very interested in the new probe you're developing! Exciting stuff and look forward to seeing the production model.

Keep up the good work!

Grant