587,112 active members*
4,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Keller Die Filer

I have just aquired a Keller Die Filer, I haven't been very lucky searching or finding info on the internet, I need some maintenance info, ie what type of oil does it use in the main gear casting?, or the whereabouts I can download a workshop or operators manual

..........Edmund...........
    Edmund

Keller

That unit has all manner of Bronze bushings and a bronze scotch yoke, meaning that oils which are high in sulfur would be bad news. Automotive hyploid oil is not ok.

Some of the Mobile Vacta or shell Tellus might be OK, but Best bet Mobil 630. You can get that in Quart from McMaster Carr or WW Grainger in the US.

Cyclotronguy

You might try here http:// www.kellersaws.com/diefiler.html

CyclotronGuy and JPW, thank you both for responding so quickly, this die filer was given to me by a friend, and from its appearance I can tell its almost brand new, the grey paint is still on the surface of the table, I have dipped a wire in the filler plug and the oil is level with the outlet, its not a model A1, its Model 256 or 266 its hard to see, serial #6952, from both your responses I will try to obtain some written info I have tried attaching a photo but could not figure how to,
    Edmund