Hi to all.
I am electronic engineer and i conceive enough automatic control systems such as CNC and CAM. Also i have enough experience in CAD applications. Unfortunately i don’t know many things about the clearly mechanical subject of milling working. The only reason that exists this moment for my occupation with milling is the construction of aluminium cases for various prototype electronic devices that i make. Before little time i bought a manual Wabeco milling –drilling stand and a milling motor HM Mullner (850W, 11000-32000 rpm variable speed) to start. This milling motor it is also suitable for a CNC machine and fits also in Wabeco stand. The total cost was 410€. I bought this motor because it is cheap (89€) and offers as standard 2 collets for cutting tools with axes 6 and 8mm. This moment i have still not bought cutting tools because i do not know which type it is suitable for aluminium cutting. I want to make cuttings in aluminium plates such as square holes or parallel ventilation notches of 3 X 80mm. Because i want to use also milling cutters with 3mm or 3,15mm axes it should to buy suitable collets and i cannot find which type accepts this milling motor. For this reason i quote a drawing of collets that has the HM Mullner motor. Can somebody explain to me of which type are these and where i can find such collets? Also which type of milling cutters it should i prefer for aluminium cutting?
Regards
Fotios Anagnostou