We have an Amada 2510C with two autoindex stations. I used the machine last Friday without noticing anything particular... no crash, no unusual noises. When I was about to start working yesterday (at all effects, tne next day) I got a 1063 AI CLAMP (ON) LOWER (B) LS alarm on the screen, actually it´s been the first time I received this message.

After reading this post (https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...ipros-tpp.html), I started to investigate a little further, unmounted the clamp air cylinder suspecting it might be stuck, until I finally found what´s actually wrong, which turns out to be that the (female) slot on the upper side of the clamping mechanism is misaligned with the (male) slot on the lower side. I am sure there´s probably a better way to describe this technically but the picture will show what I mean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp AI misalignmet.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	506299

My reasoning is that since both cardan joints which make the mechanism turn are both connected to the same vertical shaft and the same servomotor, the problem must lie on the turning mechanism on the lower turret itself. I mean, the female slot is in the wrong position.

So my questions are: is my reasoning right ? How can I realign the clamping mechanism ?