587,482 active members*
3,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ATC for Orac lathe

I have tried to get an ATC for my Orac, but to date no luck, so have decided to make one. As I understand their operation ,a DC motor drives a worm and gear, when tool is in position the motor reverses to latch.
    Can someone explain the latch layout or a sketch drawing, or idealy have a complete drawing of a ATC. Then of course getting Mach to drive it!!! Also how do you set the centering tool part to be on centre line on X axis?

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikemill View Post
    I have tried to get an ATC for my Orac, but to date no luck, so have decided to make one. As I understand their operation ,a DC motor drives a worm and gear, when tool is in position the motor reverses to latch.
    Can someone explain the latch layout or a sketch drawing, or idealy have a complete drawing of a ATC. Then of course getting Mach to drive it!!! Also how do you set the centering tool part to be on centre line on X axis?

Thanks

Mike
    Perhaps this link will help: http://www.cnc-projects.de/ look under "CNC Revolver".

Kreutz.

Use the search function and search for "turret" and you'll find heaps of info. There are a bunch of drawings and howto's about turrets, I think you'll find it with some digging.