587,833 active members*
3,278 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Cutter Technicians?

Does anybody know of any laser cutter technicians, preferably in the North West of England?

I have a chinese 3040 machine which isn't running properly, and i'm not confident with trying to fix it myself...

Any help very welcome!

what is the problem maybe someone here can give you some guidance.

Best regards

I'm a novice so excuse my lack of technical terms!

Basically, everything was working ok with the machine, and i can't think what could have changed things, but now when i turn on the machine, the head goes upto the top left hand corner as usual, but when i start to engrave, the head moves to the right but it's as though it can't move downwards to get to the starting point.

If i turn the machine on as usual, wait for the head to return to the top left corner, and then slide the head a cm or so down the Y axis and then begin to engrave the head seems free to move as it wants. It's asthough it just gets stuck at the top.

The problem doesn't stop there though as now the curves don't seem to be cutting as smoothly, and a straight diagonal line can come out all wobbly, especially on a higher speed.

I've tried adjusting the screws on the head and also tried adding a bit of WD40 incase that made any difference, but neither helped the situation.

I'm at a loss as to what to try

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniehamer View Post
    I'm a novice so excuse my lack of technical terms!

Basically, everything was working ok with the machine, and i can't think what could have changed things, but now when i turn on the machine, the head goes upto the top left hand corner as usual, but when i start to engrave, the head moves to the right but it's as though it can't move downwards to get to the starting point.

If i turn the machine on as usual, wait for the head to return to the top left corner, and then slide the head a cm or so down the Y axis and then begin to engrave the head seems free to move as it wants. It's asthough it just gets stuck at the top.

The problem doesn't stop there though as now the curves don't seem to be cutting as smoothly, and a straight diagonal line can come out all wobbly, especially on a higher speed.

I've tried adjusting the screws on the head and also tried adding a bit of WD40 incase that made any difference, but neither helped the situation.

I'm at a loss as to what to try
    sometimes it helps to reinstall the software and the drivers because you could have change some setting without realizing it.

try to contact HPC Laser or Laserite - both companies have good service stuff for chinese lasers.

Hi
    I am in the UK as well
    I have the same machine and had almost the same problem.

If you check the timing belts and pulleys on the rails you might find that the tension of the belt has slackened causing the wobbly lines and odd curves.

The adjusting screws that tighten or loosen the belt are at the end of the rails. They take a while to get right and small adjustments can make a lot of difference. If the belts are too tight this can cause a lot of vibration/noise.

If the head cant move downwards it sounds like the top rail belt is needing adjustment (y axis?).

It took me a bit of time and trial and error to get right.
    rabbit / ls3040

about in a Laser Cutter Technicians?

hi

i read your problem about a Laser Cutter. we also manufacturs all kind of machinery and the manufacturing we do is best in quality and all kind of tools available here everything related as Laser Cutter Steel Rolling Mill Plants & Machinery if you want to know more about it and any thing related to that then visit.

thanks

Devroy - before posting please read topic carefully (wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by geekinesis View Post
    Hi
    I am in the UK as well
    I have the same machine and had almost the same problem.

If you check the timing belts and pulleys on the rails you might find that the tension of the belt has slackened causing the wobbly lines and odd curves.

The adjusting screws that tighten or loosen the belt are at the end of the rails. They take a while to get right and small adjustments can make a lot of difference. If the belts are too tight this can cause a lot of vibration/noise.

If the head cant move downwards it sounds like the top rail belt is needing adjustment (y axis?).

It took me a bit of time and trial and error to get right.
    Thank you for this. I have played about with the adjustment screws and the cutting lines are a lot smoother now. The head still needs to be moved by hand before it can move freely but at least i can still be using the machine until i get that sorted. Thank you!

I am glad its working. you could try some oil on the runner as well? I dont think there are many laser technicians in the UK apart from the one or two companies who sell them, you would be paying a lot in call out charges.
    rabbit / ls3040