587,933 active members*
3,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 4525 draw bar adjust

4525 draw bar adjust

Does anyone know how to adjust the draw bar tension. Have a lighting cool thru spindle. Air pressure is fine and checked bleeder filter. The tool doesn't seem to pull in tight enough. when I make a cut the Z depth is off about .01 and the tool comes out hard after using. The tool changes seem to be light on grabbing force.

drawbar

It sounds like the belville washers are bad,that is what puts tension on the drawbar and as they are washers there is no adjustment they will need to be replaced.I see you have a lightining cool system on it,i have put several units on and they are kind of complex to work on.I would highly recommend that you get someone trained on the unit to do the repair(and specify that you have one because not every tech is trained on it).I can send you the manual but it is easy to damage the unit if you are not trained.also there is a special tool required to get the lightingcool and the drawbar apart.I would also order a drb-0109 sealing washer update and the o-rings for it.this replaces the old sealing washer that was letting coolant into the washer chamber when the springs are weak,the coolant pressure would force the washer up,let coolant in then reseal when the pressure is off and traping the coolant and causing a hydrolic lock that would not let the drawbar go down all the way.if your machine is very new it may have the new one but it should be on site so you dont have to wait if it has the old one.you also will probably need a new drive post bearing for the lightinig cool because they are hard to get off with out damaging them.you will want to get this fixed asap and stop running the machine because you can damage the drawbar and the spindle.

I was afraid of that. Machine is only two years old and have had issues from the start. Bought the extended warranty, not looking forward to the down time when work is trickling back in. Thank you for the info.