587,321 active members*
3,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy NEED HELP! Laser cutter not working properly!

I have a laser cutter from China OmniTechnologies 100W. Their service is so slow I was hoping maybe someone here could help me.
    I bought my laser 6 months ago and everything was fine until last Friday - my laser has been working maybe 100 hours but think its way less than that. I was engraving some work and all of a sudden some kind on a glitch happened and the machine continued to engrave but just in another place and when I pressed escape button it did not return in the starting point but in another place, like it had recalculated the space it had to engrave in. I stated a new work and the same thing happened. Then I turned off the machine and started it up again, but then it started to act like the axis was stuck and I stopped the work, when I pressed the escape button it never returned at the starting point but somewhere else. Then I tried to press the start button but it didnt start to engrave my previous work but it started to cut the work I've done before engraving. I turned off the machine and I went over all the wires, I noticed that the ground wire was loose. I attached it back and Today I turned on the laser and pressed the test button. I have filmed all the lights it shows in the controller. I dont understand anything about the lights it shows. I was hoping maybe someone could take a look and see what seems to be wrong?

Videos with the lights -
    Filemail.com - Testing laser

Videos with the machine working, and after pressing escape - Filemail.com - vidoes of laser machine

I have lots of experience with motion control. If I were working out this problem, first thing I would do is run another file known to be working correctly. If it does the same thing, confirm only one axis is off.
    Then I always start with the mechanicals first. Starting at the belt then to pulleys, then to the motor, confirming that all set screws are tight. Also check linear rails for binding giving you lost steps. It's not uncommon for things to loosen up during the first year from shipping vibration.
    If all looks good in machanical end then go through the electrical of the bad axis. From motor back to motion control card. Check for worn spots any cables in high wear areas and in leading edges to the festoons. Confirm all screw connections are tight on drive amp and motion control card.
    Hope this gives you a starting point. It's usually a very simple problem don't over think it.