587,218 active members*
2,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V10 update

V10 update

There is a new update for version 10 that fixes the postprocessor issue. It once again recognizes both the lathe and mill .ppl files. The magic wand still isn't fixed though. I have been updating mine each time since I still had V9 to use, just to see what happened with each update to V10. My experience is the V9 is more reliable than 10 is, but the math processing time in V10 is definitely better. Hopefully soon they will make 10 as reliable.

John

Re: V10 update

Thanks for the heads up!

I have not done any v10 updates yet. What is the best way to go about it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bll230 View Post
    There is a new update for version 10 that fixes the postprocessor issue. It once again recognizes both the lathe and mill .ppl files. The magic wand still isn't fixed though. I have been updating mine each time since I still had V9 to use, just to see what happened with each update to V10. My experience is the V9 is more reliable than 10 is, but the math processing time in V10 is definitely better. Hopefully soon they will make 10 as reliable.

John

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    I have not done any v10 updates yet. What is the best way to go about it?
    Thanks
    While I dont update sprutcam because of issues like mentioned above, all you have to do is enable updates and let it run. It will do a fine job of installing the code. The oem version works very well for me and what bugs or problems I have found were easy to identify and work around. In my opinion a very good product and with 10 times more functions and settings then I will ever learn or use. For now I will stay with it for a couple more years then maybe move over to fusion because of the huge user base and the many very talented users and the associated training videos. I only wish for more concise rehearsed demonstrations and content and less face time.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I only wish for more concise rehearsed demonstrations and content and less face time.
    Amen brother!

Thanks. That is good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    While I dont update sprutcam because of issues like mentioned above, all you have to do is enable updates and let it run. It will do a fine job of installing the code. The oem version works very well for me and what bugs or problems I have found were easy to identify and work around. In my opinion a very good product and with 10 times more functions and settings then I will ever learn or use. For now I will stay with it for a couple more years then maybe move over to fusion because of the huge user base and the many very talented users and the associated training videos. I only wish for more concise rehearsed demonstrations and content and less face time.