587,316 active members*
3,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Need Help .. new cnc machinery

I'm building my new cnc 5-axis milling machine (vertical) , and we wanted to know how to start building my water cooling system on the spindle ,
    I surfed internet but I couldn't have the help I needed ,
    could any one inform me the components I should buy or construct to apply them to my new cnc milling machine its 5-axis ?
    give me information please , hydraulic circuit if needed , components and brief simplified explanation , type of pumps needed if it will be a single nozzle or double one .. thanks

#CNC #Engineering #Milling #Machine

Re: Need Help .. new cnc machinery

If it's one of those Chinese water-cooled spindles you're using, the flow requirements aren't very high. All you need is a sump with a small sump pump in it, so you can re-circulate the water. Measure the installed height of the spindle to make sure your pump will be strong enough to reach it (it should be rated with the height of the column of water it can sustain on the output side, as well as the volume of water it can push per minute). One output is sufficient; it goes to the tool. The output from the tool goes back to the sump. You might want to put a small radiator with a fan on the output side, to cool the water a little before it goes back into the tool (I imagine Egypt gets pretty hot at times.)
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Need Help .. new cnc machinery

Filling the salad tray of a fridge with deionized water and putting a pond pump in it works great. Just have to drill holes for pipes and mains wire. You can buy refrigerated water cooling units for cnc but they are expensive at around £400, depend on fans and rads which get blocked with dust, noisy and have less cooling power than a household fridge £100 new £30 used virtually silent except pump. You could even throw 50m of coiled hose inside the fridge for the return water before it gets to sump/salad tray if you require more efficiency/cooling