587,786 active members*
4,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol M Plus EIA and Manual Comments

We have a Mazatrol M plus. My machinist tells me that programs must be started in the position screen. On all the other CNC mills I have operated the machine runs directly off of the G-Code with a cursor following the lines of code. When I program an unconditional stop with comments or instructions, they traditionally appear on the screen when the machine hits the M0 and stops. On the Mazatrol M Plus however, the machine stops, but does not display the comment I have inserted.

The operator is able to view the EIA code on the monitor, but the machine does not follow appear to follow it. He admits it may be possible to make the machine follow the G code and display the comments but he doesn't know how to do that. Instead he starts the program in the position screen. Is there a way to make this machine follow the code like most do, and most importantly display the inserted comments?

Someone please advise!!

this info is based on fusion, which is one generation after your m plus.

all mazak's must be on the position page to cycle start. However, once in cycle there is a TRACE page - which looks exactly like tool path check page, that you use to check programs. i think this will show some eia program while the machine is in cycle?

Fusions also have EIA MONITOR page, which will show the part program as it is being used up by the machine. I think the EIA monitor acts in a way that you would like.

Pretty sure it's on the M plus, but not positive.

there should be a DISPLAY MAP softkey. hit the display button (left most button, and it's NOT a softkey) 2 or 3 times. should be the right most softkey. this is a page that lists most of the displays the control has. it can be navigated by the cursor to get to the page you want. this may help you to navigate to the above mentioned pages.

but, I'm a fusion guy, so i'm only guessing my info here is correct for your control!

good luck.

jim

It worked!

Thanks! This is going to be very helpful. I needed the operator to be able to read comments at program stops.

Eric

You can start an EIA program from either the Position page or the EIA Monitor page on the M+ control.

You can also view a program from the Position page. Bring up the Position page. Then look on the control panel to the right side just below the 10 key (numbers). You'll see a button that says "Window". Press that and a little pop-up window will show up with your running program while you're on the Position page.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

-

Hi there!

Is there any way to the eia/iso program communnicating with user?
    Mazak FJV-20 / Mazatrol M-PLUS with eia/iso.

I would like to send text messages to display while the eia/iso program running.
    I found NC alarm command:
    #3000=21(HELLO-WORLD).
    Its working, but it is break the operation

#3006=1(HELLO-WORLD).
    ITs an optional stop, but in this case user need to press the start button again.
    Generate NC warning? (Blue text)
    Send a message to the place where the machine show the optional stop message?
    Change the program name between two G codes?

Is there any other ways to send something to display?

Thank you!!!

Re: Mazatrol M Plus EIA and Manual Comments

HI.
    Do you have programming manual for m plus eia/iso?
    I have a problem with tool data seting