587,955 active members*
3,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Great Source For Endmills

I've pointed these guys out before, but doesn't help to remind people:

Home Page

I've used a number of their carbide endmills, and they are really an amazing for the money. And, their support is absolutely first rate. Even their "hobby" grade endmills are really great for the money, and MUCH cheaper than anything else I've found of comparable quality.

Their "Ferocious" endmills are incredible, if your machine is large enough, and rigid enough, and has the spindle speed to sample their capabilities - Even my 3HP knee mill can't push them to their limits. But seeing a 1/2" endmill doing deep slotting in 6061 at 75 IPM is pretty darned amazing to watch.

Regards,
    Ray L.

+1 on the CNC Toybox end mills .. I use them also & find them to be a very good product.

Not a sales pitch .. just a happy customer!

Gary

you make me blush lol
    I've got a new website in the works which won't be as pretty but should a bit easier to navigate thru and hopefully more user friendly , your opinions of it would be appreciated http://carbidehotspot.com , it will be changed to the CNC Toybox home page once its completed (whenever that happens)
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

dertsap

i see your phone number is 604

do you have a shop in vancouver I can check out? happy to find a local supplier

I"m setup in POCO (Port Coquitlam for those that may not get the local lingo) , pm me or send me an email any time [email protected]

Curt
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I bought a set of end mills from this guy, and I was blown away at the quality.

http://stores.ebay.com/CTC-Tools

I had a Chinese set already, but they didn't even come close to the quality that this guy sells, and they're dirt cheap. Gotta love the Chinese... well some of them anyway.

I'm not sure why you say these are great prices. I just did a quick comparison.

1/2 inch diameter, 3 flute, solid carbide, 3 inch overall length.

CNCtoybox - $57.99
    McMaster Carr - $38.65

What am I missing?

I don't think they're great prices, I just forgot to put the link to CTC Tools in my previous post, so it appeared I was singing praise for CNC Toybox when I wasn't. CTC Tools is definitely worthy of consideration if you're after good quality endmills.

CTC Tools items - Get great deals on Individual Collets, ER Collet Chucks items on eBay Stores!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoggyTurnip View Post
    I'm not sure why you say these are great prices. I just did a quick comparison.

1/2 inch diameter, 3 flute, solid carbide, 3 inch overall length.

CNCtoybox - $57.99
    McMaster Carr - $38.65

What am I missing?
    I don't know what Mcmaster sells but the difference is probably going to be the quality , the Gorilla mill 3 flute is a variable flute variable index end mill and is high performance tooling , I offer a CGS 3 flute end mill which is $44 for a 1/2" , also an extreme performer
    I also offer on the site a 3 flute econo for $19.99 , its a 3 flute end mill , similar to other import quality , cheap yes , cheaper than anyone else , well probably
    When it comes to carbides you can't gauge a good deal on price alone . Every company that I have introduced these carbides to have decreased cutting time in their production a considerable amount , if you want to throw tool wear into the equation then the tools are a great value and anyone who has tried to grind a flat on the gorillas knows how hard the cutters are in comparison to anything on the market .

Everything I have ordered from Mcmaster Carr has been Niagra brand

might have to try some of your endmills dertsap as I am a few miles south of you over the aldergrove crossing been to POCO quite a few times racing RC
    are your prices in Can$ and if I am correct there is no duty on less than 250$?

JTCUSTOMS

Quote Originally Posted by cornbinder23 View Post
    Everything I have ordered from Mcmaster Carr has been Niagra brand

might have to try some of your endmills dertsap as I am a few miles south of you over the aldergrove crossing been to POCO quite a few times racing RC
    are your prices in Can$ and if I am correct there is no duty on less than 250$?

JTCUSTOMS
    Prices are US just to make currency conversion easy for everyone since everything is based on the USD . US customers don't pay any duties at all that I'm aware of

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    I don't know what Mcmaster sells but the difference is probably going to be the quality , the Gorilla mill 3 flute is a variable flute variable index end mill and is high performance tooling , I offer a CGS 3 flute end mill which is $44 for a 1/2" , also an extreme performer
    I also offer on the site a 3 flute econo for $19.99 , its a 3 flute end mill , similar to other import quality , cheap yes , cheaper than anyone else , well probably
    When it comes to carbides you can't gauge a good deal on price alone . Every company that I have introduced these carbides to have decreased cutting time in their production a considerable amount , if you want to throw tool wear into the equation then the tools are a great value and anyone who has tried to grind a flat on the gorillas knows how hard the cutters are in comparison to anything on the market .
    Where are your endmills made and who makes them?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoggyTurnip View Post
    Where are your endmills made and who makes them?
    CGS Tools and Gorilla Mill are both US companies , The econo's are from China