587,990 active members*
5,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VF4 Question

VF4 Question

I've got a VF4 and i'm wondering if it is possible to change the home position. For instance after you run a program and the table goes to the far left and forward is there a way to change it so it centers in front of the door after the program ends?

Blake

You can program a move of the table at the end of your program.

To do this in a manner that bypasses any work coordinate shift that might be in effect, program the move in the machine's coordinate system, called G53.

G00 G53 X25. Y0.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

alright cool, thanks for the help

Blake

I've now evolved a new problem, on restart of the machine the codes 251 and 212 keep coming up, saying that i have a bad program but i don't have any programs in the memory? I'm also getting programs from the harddrive somehow showing up in the memory?

I'm also being told there is a battery in the machine just in case it losses power, I'm just wondering were i could find this battery. its a 2006 model and i'm already getting a alarm message to check it but i'm not getting a low bat alarm.

Thanks,
    Blake

That is a possible software issue. Contact your HFO and they can take care of it for you. You can delete all your programs and start from scratch, but the problem will more than likely come back until the software is updated.

Given the year of the machine HaasTech83 is almost certainly right on. The normal fix for those alarms is to download all programs to disc, erase ALL on the machine and then reload from the disc. We had some machines in the past two or three years that this did not work on and they needed a software upgrade.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Blake,
    Try shutting down as normal then switch the disconnect in the back to off for about 5 minutes.

I had a problem at one time with loading files, this took care of it. Could have just been coincidental but the problem was not there after that, have also seen similar problems fixed with printers and PC's using this same method..

Worth a shot, and cost very little

Ken

yea I called Haas up and i just found out that when we bought the haas from a company called Vertech they loaded the wrong program software so thats why we are having all the problems we are having. but Vertech is working with us and everything is good to go. Thank ya'll for all your help i greatly appreciate it!

Blake

The Vertech Virus, aka V2!

Does this mean we will have to have Anti-Virus software for our Haas' now?

And how will it affect look-ahead!?
    --------------------
    OK, seriously now.

While your solution will probably be resolved by the solution you mentioned. If you have a corrupted program that is "protected", you will have to unprotect those in the settings page, then save them, then delete them as well, to assist in diagnosing the culprit.

Sam