587,933 active members*
3,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Retro Fit electronics

Hello
    I have an older Plasmacam,I purchased it new .I never did get it working properly. Has anyone retro fit new electronics to one of the older machines. I need to get this machine in operation,Plasmacam tells me to buy a new machine. Never again from this company. A $12,000 problem.
    Thanks
    Gary

Smile Get Help before you Start Badmouthing!

Gary,

If you truly want help from us fellow owners (that is if you even own a machine), you may want to start by avoiding your derogatory slamming of a machine that a lot of people, like me, make very happy.

It is awfully suspicious that we have only seen you in here posting about how you sell CHINESE made lasers and other CHINESE made machines and have not heard about your actual problems with the machine. That being said Gary, I have a strong feeling that you are being extremely untruthful, when you say that plasmacam told you to get a new machine instead of helping you out with your older machine.

My best friend owns a 98-z model machine (built in 1998) and still running and another close family friend has a DHC model (also one of their older machines). PlasmaCAM still services and supports both of these machines to this day! You can still get parts, software, technical service, controls and electronics for the first machine that they built in 1998! If you were a true owner you would know that you could also order all your parts and electronics online, without even having to call anybody. So I highly doubt you actually got this response from the service department Plasmacam.

So i think you are truly mistaken or perhaps you may have accidentally called one of your Chinese machine companies that you are trying to push instead.

I highly suggest that you call Plasmacam's technical service department at
    719-676-2701 so that they can get you the help that you need.

Or you can PM if you need any advice or help.

Thanks,

Larry

responce to Larry

Hello Larry
    I am an avid hobbiest now semi retired and I do own a Plasmacam . I'll send a picture if you need to see. I DID call for help many times .They told me they do not support this machine any longer. I asked if I could buy a new controller to use with my machine ...negative to that. I don't know where you are coming from saying I don't own a Plasmacam and that I did not seek help. I have done both multiple times. They did not or are not able to support my machine with new software for windows 7 either. I am happy to hear you have a good working machine,I do not, hence my request to see if someone has used another controller. I speak what was told to me and maybe I just got a Lemon . This happens. I have heard of others having issues also. I own a Camtech router ,and other CNC machines. They work fine. Why would one want to make false comments about their experience,I don't and never will bring myself to that level I have nothing to gain from my experience being shared. I think it is important for the public to hear of these experiences so they can weigh their own decisions. Service is the most important factor in my purchases today.
    Sorry to offend ,only wish I had your success.
    Best Regards
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garyy View Post
    Hello Larry
    I am an avid hobbiest now semi retired and I do own a Plasmacam . I'll send a picture if you need to see. I DID call for help many times .They told me they do not support this machine any longer. I asked if I could buy a new controller to use with my machine ...negative to that. I don't know where you are coming from saying I don't own a Plasmacam and that I did not seek help. I have done both multiple times. They did not or are not able to support my machine with new software for windows 7 either. I am happy to hear you have a good working machine,I do not, hence my request to see if someone has used another controller. I speak what was told to me and maybe I just got a Lemon . This happens. I have heard of others having issues also. I own a Camtech router ,and other CNC machines. They work fine. Why would one want to make false comments about their experience,I don't and never will bring myself to that level I have nothing to gain from my experience being shared. I think it is important for the public to hear of these experiences so they can weigh their own decisions. Service is the most important factor in my purchases today.
    Sorry to offend ,only wish I had your success.
    Best Regards
    Gary
    Hi Gary,

I work at Plasmacam, and would be more than happy to help you out. I would like to retierate that we ABSOLUTELY supply parts for all of our models of machines, no matter whether it is new or old. We even still support our model 98-z, which was sold in 1998. These are parts available, so I am not sure who you spoke here with but I would be more than happy to get you what you need to get going.

It is not our company policy nor is it representaive of us to to tell you that you cannot get parts for the particular machine nor is it our policy to just simply state that you got a lemmon so you should purchase a new machine.

Again we support all of our machines, so don't hesitate to call me or our techinal staff directly so that we can get you going again.

Thanks,

Dan
    719-676-2700

Gary,

I have no clue what you mean. Plenty of people still have their 98z models. So, I will guarantee you if you call George in Tech support at 719-676-2701, they will get you an part that you need.

I have to say that It does seem odd to me that you are having this problem, because the guy that got me in to his machine still has his older model. I even called him today to ask. He said he has no problem getting parts. So like you said...I think people should know that: YOU CAN GET ANY PART FROM PLASMACAM and GARY's POST is Completely WRONG!!!!

On another note Gary Y! I know who you are and I know that you do sell a variety of Chinese made cutting systems. I know that people have had huge problems with the junk that you sell. So if you would like to piss a lot of people off, keep on spreading lies. Gary you have a 98 z model table, and you can get a control box. Look, like Larry said you can even order one online. I am looking at it right now on the owners community! So, I am not too sure what your hold up is Gary Y.

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude Gary, but I am completely sick of this internet forum stuff filled with inconsistencies and people talking without truly knowing. So if it is your goal to spread fabricated stories...go to another forum and start promoting your Chinese made cracker jack toys.

I am here to set the record straight. I think that you really need to speak with George because there is no way that this could really be happening to you, especially when my pal just ordered parts for old his machine a week ago.

cheers,

Richard

The point I think he is making, is that PlasmaCAM does not offer updated electronics for the 98-Z, nor do they offer newer software. You are stuck with what you bought without any of the upgrades made over the last decade.

I don't know how old my machine is for sure, but I have a software envelope from PlasmaCAM with a 10/02 postage mark on it. That envelope holds the latest software available for the 98-Z, version 1.20.

I was able to purchase a new encoder and new belts from George which was great. Every time I've called them they have been very helpful. But at the end of the day, I'm allowed to disagree with their decision to not support the 98-Z line in their current software.