587,220 active members*
3,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > HY03D023B Starts up and stops immediately without error

HY03D023B Starts up and stops immediately without error

Hi all,

I am using the HY03D023B VFD drive and have used it for over 3 years daily for like 8 to 10h.

I used an external potential free relays and repogrammed the Multi Port Inputs. All worked well for years.

Without any change on the wiring,... I started to act weird. The motor did not start, stopped randomly,...

Today I had some time to look at it and thought maybe one of the relays is damaged. I discconnected the relays and just a simple jumper cable to bridge the run signal. Same behavior. The motor starts, runs for 2-3 seconds and then shots controlled down. It is not a hard shut down, the ramp times for acceleration and stop are honored.

I thought it would be the motor and switched the run signal to the operator panel. When I start the motor with the operator panel it works just fine.

My thought is, that some of the terminals or the controller behind the terminals is damaged.

Has anyone any idea if I can fix that?

Mike

Re: HY03D023B Starts up and stops immediately without error

Quote Originally Posted by M_bender View Post
    Hi all,

I used an external potential free relays and repogrammed the Multi Port Inputs. All worked well for years.

Without any change on the wiring,... I started to act weird. The motor did not start, stopped randomly,...

Today I had some time to look at it and thought maybe one of the relays is damaged. I discconnected the relays and just a simple jumper cable to bridge the run signal. Same behavior. The motor starts, runs for 2-3 seconds and then shots controlled down. It is not a hard shut down, the ramp times for acceleration and stop are honored.

I thought it would be the motor and switched the run signal to the operator panel. When I start the motor with the operator panel it works just fine.

My thought is, that some of the terminals or the controller behind the terminals is damaged.

Mike
    What is meant by 'Potential relay' the only ones I am familiar with is current operated for AC motor start sequence?
    It does sound as thought there is an issue with the VFD PLC input ? Especially if a direct jumper does not work,
    IOW, if running direct off of the panel does not work, then it could be some issue with the Opto inputs or in the PLC logic circuit.
    Which if so, may not be an easy fix.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: HY03D023B Starts up and stops immediately without error

Quote Originally Posted by M_bender View Post
    Hi all,

I am using the HY03D023B VFD drive and have used it for over 3 years daily for like 8 to 10h.

Has anyone any idea if I can fix that?

Mike
    Do you have a list of Parameters that you had set

Yes, the input sounds like you have a problem with this, how was this wired to the relay and what type of Relays did you use, some photos would be good.
    Mactec54