587,684 active members*
3,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setting up KFlop

Hi, I purchased a KFLOP a few weeks ago and an just getting around to hooking it up and getting it going. I could not the install to work on my Asus ultrabook laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The installer would just hang up and need to be force quit with the task manager. I tried installing on a desktop I have and it worked fine. I read that one only needs to copy the kmotion folder from a installed machine to an other nad got it working this way. Well that gets me to my next problem, I manually copied the mach plugin dll to the mach plug in's folder and restarted mach3. I get an error now when when mach starts saying that the dll is defective. Not sure what to try next?
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Hi eman5oh,

Usually if you close all apps, turn off antivirus, and Windows malicious detection our installer will run.

But besides copying the directory our installer makes one Registry entry so that when Windows loads our Plugin DLL (Dynomotion.dll) it is able to find all the dependent dlls from our installation. For a default installation of our V4.30 code the path would be at:

c:\KMotion430\KMotion\Release

You can manually add an App Paths entry for mach3 to the registry using Regedit. See the attached window capture.

Another option is to just add that path to the global windows PATH environmental variable using the Windows Control Panel.

Let us know if you need more details.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com