587,125 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VSD-XR

VSD-XR

I have to make a decision soon. VSD-EX is a bit too low output voltage for me. It looks like VSD-XR will be just about perfect, although I could do with knowing a bit more about output current, max continuous, max peak, etc. The major question is when?. Can you give us a rough hint, which Quarter of 2012 maybe?. I have some nice old Indramat MAC90's here just crying out for your product

Richard

What specs VSD XR, let me know?

Now renamed as Argon apparently. Details here : http://www.granitedevices.fi/assets/...rgon_flyer.pdf

Richard

Richard,
    these argon and ion are very good driver according to wiki explanation, have you talk to them when they release and price estimate? I hope the price is around diy budget.

Well of course, they wrote the wiki . The only new hint on that flyer is that the Argon is due Q3. Seems very odd to me releasing a big colour flyer when it won't be ready for many months.

Richard

Yes, its odd to me too when I read these nice leaflets, it looks like already done. The argon has a lot of features.

It's not very odd to release some preliminary info or roadmap of products before release. Argon is nearly done and soon the wait is over

Pricing will be confirmed after we get quotes from our contract manufacturer but the BOM (parts) cost alone is twice as high as VSD-E's which may indicate its price difference compared to E series.

Argon

Xerxes- Any extra information you can release for us about the Argon? A rough price point and possibly updated narrower release date would help in some decisions coming up-- if it would be economical to wait for it to release or be researching other solutions.
    I like the direct 220v feed to the drive. No more huge external DC PSUs and all the losses associated with that.

PLEASE!
    Tell us when we can buy??

Nearing the end of Q3.. I'm just saying. ;-)

Yes, Q3 is over but no drives yet. We are currently waiting first "release candidate" drive assembly from factory (arrives in maybe 2 weeks). I will post pictures as proof when they're here

Current estimate of first shipments are on december/january. I apologize the inconvenience that waiting may have caused.

Another month gone by........anxious for an update!

I started a blog for those who are interested, please take a look at:
    Motor control developer | Cutting edge without Bleeding edge

In short, prototypes are here and looking VERY good.

Very impressive features :cheers: