I have a Sharp SV-2412 that I bought it new in 2005. Just this weekend while building a table sub-plate for 3 chick vises (and an option for a 4th), I noticed that the machine will actually travel positive .078" (2mm) in all 3 directions beyond the machine home 0,0,0 position.

I tried setting an origin a X.078 Y.078 and giving the machine and MDI command to that origin (G90 G0 G54 X0 Y0) and it moves to those points outside of machine home with no alarms. Z also travels .078 beyond the full up home position.

I'm happy to find some bonus travel, but wanted to ask if there is any reason not to use it during normal operation? My normal travels are X-24.094 and Y-11.889 from the Machine Home X0.000 and Y0.000, so it would be cool to know that I have an extra .078 in each direction if I need it. That would bring the little machine's totals up to 24.172 by 11.967, still just shy of the 12 inches implied in the model #!

It has the Fanuc Oi Mate-MB control. I've seen many others reference this Oi Mate control, not sure if they all have the -MB or if that means anything special?

Any input would be appreciated! It may only be 2mm, but on a machine this size you have to take all you can get sometimes!