587,704 active members*
3,605 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

canned cycle on Haas

Im looking for the right canned cycle to make a few cuts along the y and x axis, then step over about .125" and make the same cut again and again.
    Im also trying to figure out how to make a pocket cycle start in a corner rather than having to start in the center of a pocket. If thats even possible.
    I know these are probably duh questions but its been awhile since ive programmed a mill using canned cycles and some of it just isnt coming back into my head imediately.

As far as the step over goes, a subprogram would be the way to go. Not sure on the Haas pocketing cycle, I 've never used it.

have you tried using an L value to just loop it???

go to this web sit.http://www.machinist-toolbox.com/ and look at the right side of the page you will see CNC Quick Code and click on that. ITS Free and should help you alot.

061122-0749 EST USA

You can use G52 to do your stepovers, and G52 is loadable from within your program. Make sure G52 is reset to 0 when you are done.

There is much you can do if you have MACROS.

Canned cycles only have the capability to do whatever is included in their definition.

If you want to reference your pocket from a corner location, then you could again use the G52 to position its coordinate system to the pocket center. Make sure G52 is zeroed after the pocket.

Im not familiar with macros. I know what they are but ive never attempted to use that function. Couldnt quite figure it out.
    But i did use a subroutine program with an L value in conjunction with changing back and forth into incremental positioning. It worked out very well.
    Thanks for the responses, and ill check out that website.

061122-1140 EST USA

GITRDUN:

You might find posting under the HAAS thread would address more HAAS users.

MACROS as used in the CNC area is really an extension of the basic machine language (G and M codes).

MACROS includes capability to pass parameters to subroutines, access #variables and operate on these variables, do various mathematical functions, and it includes DPRNT.

Study the HAAS manual on MACROS and then ask questions.

You can do a search in Cnczone at the top. Try the group of words ---
    macros haas g52 dprnt

Study some of these threads. Then try other strings of words.