587,308 active members*
3,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Aspire > Duplicate parts and associated toolpaths

Duplicate parts and associated toolpaths

Hello,

I'm a new CNC'er and decided to start working with Aspire v4. So far this software was very easy to learn and understand. However, now I have a problem that seems simple but I can't figure out how to do it. I will try to explain what I want:

- First of all I have a sheet of material of for example 500 x 300mm 3mm thick

- I have a part that needs 2 toolpaths to complete:
    * First toolpath is cutting holes (inside carving)
    * Second toolpath is cutting out the part that includes the holes (outside carving)
    => Those toolpaths are both with the seem drillbit, so no tool change is neccesary

- Now the question I have: I have 1 part that needs 2 toolpaths. Now I want to copy this part multiple times on the sheet but I want each part to be completed before moving on to the next. So:

1. Cut the holes in part 1 (toolpath 1)
    2. Cut out part 1 (toolpath 2)
    3. Do the same thing again with part 2
    4. etc...

So my goal is to complete a part before moving on to the next. It is simple to cut the holes for 30 parts in the same sheet and then cut out the 30 parts. But I want to complete each part one by one, so if somthing goes wrong, I already have all the parts before the problem occured.

This seems a very simple thing to do but I can't figure out on how to do it. Except from adding 2 toolpaths per part, but this takes ages to do..

So I hope someone gets what I mean and can help me on how to do this..

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To be completely clear I made a screenshot:

Attachment 271396

Here you can see the left part with the 2 toolpaths on the right. And then 3 parts next to it without a toolpath. I want the same toolpaths as the first part on the next parts but the need to complete them 1 by 1....

Re: Duplicate parts and associated toolpaths

In version 8, I can do it with the new Merge Toolpath feature, and 2 toolpaths.

I'm not sure if there's a way in V4. You might want to ask on the Vectric forum.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)