587,758 active members*
3,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Enclosure exhaust fan

So I had to install an exhaust fan to vent out the smell of the way oil because the wife was going ape over the odor, and I had to do it fast and cheap. It would permeate the whole house after some machining. I bolted a bathroom fan to the back of the enclosure over top of the oil pump cut out with hinges so it can swing open, then attached a tupperware container over it with magnetic tape to seal it. I had to run vent pipe over to the dryer exhaust vent to get the air outside the house. Oh and I cut a large hole in the oil pump enclosure where it wouldn't get hit with coolant an covered it with a grate. I just have it temporarily wired to a power strip plugged into the wall since I can't pull 120v off the machine. Anyway I'll shut up here are the pics.

Looks good! I am lucky to be at the far end of a 3-car garage. I get odors from some of my equipment, but they stay in the garage and don't migrate to the house. No spousal complaints (on this subject, at least...) yet...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html