587,655 active members*
5,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam 9.1-2SP and XP SP2

Angry Mastercam 9.1-2SP and XP SP2

HI ALL:

I have been using Mastercam 9.1-sp2 for some time now. A few weeks ago Bill Gates decided I needed to upgrade my Windows XP to SP2. Today I tried to open Mastercam and--Nothing--Nada.

I reloaded and same thing.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with XP Sp2???

My Shop computer, which is NOT connected to the Net and has no Auto-Update feature is running it just fine

All the best,

John

GG Microsoft.

There are a ton of programs that don't work with XP SP2.

Try this to roll back to SP 1 until they get the *cough* bugs out of SP 2.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;875350

Or this to update the hasp. (Some issues are with the hasp)

http://www.ealaddin.com/support/hasp/hasp4/enduser.asp
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

BTW, disable Auto Update. If you need to do updates, do them manually so you can somewhat see what you're getting yourself into.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'm running MasterCAM 9.1 on WinXP with SP2 without any troubles.

The only time I've heard of someone having that problem is if they were trying to use a SIM crack to circumvent the MasterCAM copy protection..

The only time I've heard of someone having that problem is if they were trying to use a SIM crack to circumvent the MasterCAM copy protection..
    Not sure where you're going with this... but

I've been a computer geek for years, I'm compinent in AutoCAD and Inventor but the MasterCAM and NC stuff is still new to me
    I would think you would not be an authority on the subject, considering the amount of time you've been a MC user.

John, legit MC users DO have problems with SP2.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

To respond. I've worked with lots of programs (computer professional by trade) and have done lots of reading on MasterCAM over the past year.

Although I am not a machinist, nor am I proficient at MasterCAM (yet), the only time I have heard of someone having a problem where MasterCAM would not load after installing WinXP SP2 is when they were using the SIM crack.

I was only giving my experience in that I have not had any problems RUNNING MasterCAM 9.1 SP2 on WIndows XP with SP2 installed. but, I'm running a legitimate copy.

So no I'm not a MasterCAM guru, but I was able to give some information on what I have seen and read.

What you've 'seen and read' is wrong. If you've read a lot about Mastercam, you no doubt have been to eMastercam.com and read the threads concerning this very subject, and would realize that legit users were/are having problems as well with SP2.

My point was that you should not be (publicly) making what appears to be accusations to other forum members that they're using cracked software.

Also, I'm strongly encouraging you to (privately) address any and all concerns you might have with ANYONE using cracked software. You can do this many ways, including PM'ing mods/admins here, contacting CNC Software directly, (or what ever company you suspect is being pirated), or even contact the BSA and report piracy directly to them. (Or all of the above )

Thanks.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

I appologize for any inconvience I may have occured. I'll be sure to research more before posting next time. I did not mean to accuse anyone, of anything illegal.