587,228 active members*
4,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

API thread standards

Hi guys, new here and my first post, any referance material to API thread standards would be gratefully received, and there production-thnx to any and all

What type of threads are you looking for? API 7 show you most the threads used on drill pipe.

hiya petrotrim, never been involved with API threads and I wanted to get general design and production info, where could I get API 7

American Petrolium Institute????????

Dick Z
    DZASTR

thnx, API is the same as looking up DIN & ISO standards, just it appears that I need to buy them, or not-kman

Yes, and they price the standards publications high enough so that only the "big boys" have a budget big enough to purchase them.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

really, really thnx JB-heavy reading matl.,its the diagrams I got to get my head around-what a great ref. mate n' thnx again-kman:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Here in Alberta we make all related machined products to oil/gas/mining, tons of API threads, pins, boxes etc... are done here on a daily basis...
    Myself, presently... not for long because I'm trying to get a job into science/resource.

I'm involved with API threads, certified parts and the certification itself that allow us to export products to countries and companies including your country, get me that video tutorial and I'll scan all the info I have on API/NPT threads...

I'm thinking about starting a machine shop too; the problem is the number of machine shops in the region is very high that makes me scary.

Quote Originally Posted by PRINT_FX View Post
    Here in Alberta we make all related machined products to oil/gas/mining, tons of API threads, pins, boxes etc... are done here on a daily basis...
    Myself, presently... not for long because I'm trying to get a job into science/resource.

I'm involved with API threads, certified parts and the certification itself that allow us to export products to countries and companies including your country, get me that video tutorial and I'll scan all the info I have on API/NPT threads...

I'm thinking about starting a machine shop too; the problem is the number of machine shops in the region is very high that makes me scary.
    Starting your own machine shop is a difficult thing to do. Before I started mine I created a cd duplication business but decided I wanted to get into more of a local trade. It has not been easy to say the least. If you have a drive to be better than your competitors you will do ok - if your driven purely by money then you will likely fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeker View Post
    Starting your own machine shop is a difficult thing to do. Before I started mine I created a cd duplication business but decided I wanted to get into more of a local trade. It has not been easy to say the least. If you have a drive to be better than your competitors you will do ok - if your driven purely by money then you will likely fail.
    nice thought, I agree

merry christmas