587,974 active members*
4,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need a price idea on a York 350E

OK, got a guy that's trying to sell me a York 350E with the rotary attachment, CorelDraw X4, PhotoGrav, and a Dell laptop with everything installed on it.

Pretty much turn key. I just can't find any pricing on the engraver itself to see if this is a good deal or not.

Thanks in advance.

What is the size of the engraving area, and power of the laser on the York?

Also the specs + model number on the dell laptop.

The engraving area itself is about a 12x20 and the laser is 50 watts.

I did receive a quote back that said the unit was $3200 but, didn't mention if that included the rotary attachment.

Years ago when the shop I worked for bought a New Hermes laser, the rotary attachment was an extra.

The laptop is no big deal. I've got an HP I7 with 6gb ram and 1tb hard drive I'm using now that would run everything more than fine. I figure it's worth no more than 500-800 by itself.

I'm just trying to decide whether or not to take the deal. He's asking $3000 for the whole package, no materials or anything, just the engraver, software, and laptop.

I figure if you bought the software, you're into it about $1000, laptop we'll say $500 on the low side. The quote I got on the laser is $3200 plus shipping and 30 day wait from China.

I might offer him less as he's looking to definitely sell it.

I definitely want to run it through it's paces before I load it into my truck.

First few things I'd be careful of.

1. ask around about york, I've seen a few bad threads about york, but I'm not sure if it's a quality issue or a service issue...

2. make sure the software is legit and not hacked. Hacked software can be had for free so that makes the laptop package pretty worthless if it's doesn't include the original packaging and serial numbers. Corel Draw can be bought new on buy.com for $82 and photograv is only around $400

3. Dell laptops can be had for a song depending on the model. If it's an off lease 620 you can pick those up on Craigslist and Ebay for around $300 or a 610 for under $200. Heck last year I paid $40 for a 610 that "wasn't working" it had a bad memory chip.

4. Patience may pay off, I know where you can get a larger machine (24x35) for less than he's asking for the used one, and the new one will come with a 1 year warranty. You will know nothing bad has been done with it, nothing corrosive has been cut in it and you don't have to worry if maintenance has been performed routinely. *edit* not to mention you can get spare parts with your order to prevent any down time.

So personally at $3k I would pass, but if you are looking for a nice machine in that price range you can get a new one. PM me for a little more info.

The engraver is about 3200. the rotary is another 200 or so and add about 1000.00 for import and customs cost. Hope this helps

And in case you were wondering the laser in question on craigslist is mine.

And the laser is still under 1 year warranty. I just got it in September