Originally Posted by cnckeith:

".. a powerful support tool that we use for CNC support is a direct connection to the control thru the internet.. if you can get an internet connection to the control we can connect to it thru the internet and quickly find out the answers we need and with your help at the machine make changes and verify performance. I carry a 150' Ethernet cable in my truck for just such occasions.. and when that doesn't work.. i use a cell based wifi hot spot and a usb wifi stick to get an internet connection to the control for factory direct support that solves issues quickly!"

I wanted to report back on the remote support experience in its own thread.

Scott and I did indeed to a remote login. I used a USB Wifi stick and plugged it into the control's USB port and configured Windows to access my network. Once done, I downloaded Teamviewer and installed it. Fired up Teamviewer and gave Scott the access code. Scott was able to log in, and see the control as if he were in front of it. We spoke over the phone through the process. With Scott's experience, he was able to look through the parameters and noted that someone had turned off some fault and reporting features that prevented the control from showing the axis quadrature errors. Once that was enabled, we did a quick test. I was able to jog the axis just fine, but when I went to command a spindle speeed, had an immediate and repetitive axis quadrature fault. I noted in the manual for testing purposes this can be disabled, but should be re-enabled once the control install is completed. Either someone neglected to do that or willfully turned them off. Scott also did a software update, he was able to send the file to my console and updated it. Scott and I were online perhaps 15-20 minutes. Cool stuff, and helped me toward resolving my issues.

Marty