587,923 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Size Help

Size Help

I am running Dolphin CAM V10 with Mach 3. I just got it along with a Sieg KX1.

The problem is z travel seems fine, but x-y seems tiny.

I believe it is all in metric, I've checked the settings in Mach 3 controller and in the Dolphin CAM. Every time I start CAM a window pops up with options including inch or metric. I always choose Metric, All my read outs are in metric in the controller. In CAM under set up>machine type> mill> it is set to metric.

In the Controller Mach 3, under General Logic Config The G20-G21 box is blank (unchecked) for _ LOCK DRO's to Setup Units. Should this be checked?

One funny thing is the diameter of the cutter changes once the program is loaded. I set the tool info in mach 3 to 6.37mm, and I also set the same info when writing the CAM program and it changes to 161.798mm??? I am using a template program to cut a simple rectangle pocket.

The only other thing I can think of that might be funny is that I have written the program in CAM, Post Processed it from Dolphin CAM so it is now a .ppr file, then I load it from the "My Documents" folder.

I've included pics of Regen and Tool Setting changes before and after the program is loaded. Am I right that it is cutting, but just really small?

Any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Stehr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before Loading Program.jpg   After Loading Program.jpg   Regen Screen.jpg  

Hello Mark,

I think that this is something in the MACH setup. 6.37 x 25.4 =161.798 which is the inch to metric multiplier.

Maybe because you don't have the G20/G21 switch set it is converting the tool sizes.

This wouldn't explain the small sizes, I don't enough about MACH to point you in the right direction.

Perhaps a post to the MACH forum would be useful.

ATB
    André