587,189 active members*
3,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Powermax 45 electrical compatibility

Hy, can a powermax 45 088016, ie CSA 200-240V 1F 50-60hz, work with Italian electrical standard? I Italy we have a 230V 50Hz electrical flow.
    Thanks. :wave:

short answer is yes,
    Both your frequency and voltage are compatible.

ah, ok. Thanks for reply. There is also the "088018 CE 230V" version, so i asked. Hypertherm write: "For use in countries that require CE, CCC or GOST marks" so i think it's for a legal reason.
    I think both models work fine in my country. Isn't it?

Yes both models will work fine however European standards require CE certification which governs certain aspects of the electrical design namely insulation and some component layout.
    I believe its illegal to have non CE cert'd equipment in a European work place with some possible nasty penalties in the event of an incident.

So to extend on my previous answer (now that I've noticed you use the word "standard") It's in your best interest to find a CE cert'd machine.

You'd probably struggle to find a CSA machine that is available in Italy anyway as it's illegal for Hypertherm or its retailers to sell non CE marked products in European countries.

I'm sure Jim Colt will chime in tonight and correct me if I'm wrong or elaborate on it a bit if I'm correct

The CE certified systems are required to meet the specifications in Italy. If a CSA (North American) versions was used in Italy...it would certainly operate, but would not meet the local CE safety requirements....which are quite differenmt as compared to the CSA models. Hypertherm only allows the properly certified units to be sold in each region of the world.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by 4R8 View Post
    Yes both models will work fine however European standards require CE certification which governs certain aspects of the electrical design namely insulation and some component layout.
    I believe its illegal to have non CE cert'd equipment in a European work place with some possible nasty penalties in the event of an incident.

So to extend on my previous answer (now that I've noticed you use the word "standard") It's in your best interest to find a CE cert'd machine.

You'd probably struggle to find a CSA machine that is available in Italy anyway as it's illegal for Hypertherm or its retailers to sell non CE marked products in European countries.

I'm sure Jim Colt will chime in tonight and correct me if I'm wrong or elaborate on it a bit if I'm correct

Ok, thanks for your very clear explanation.