587,558 active members*
3,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lathe g-code output from SolidCAM

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to configure the g-code output from SolidCAM so that it will work with my lathe. When the software posts code, the x-values are in diameter mode instead of radius, and they are positive instead of negative.

In other words, if I am turning a 2"OD bar on it's outer surface, the post says this is x2.0 since it's 2" diameter. What I want it to say is x-1.0 since it's 1" radius and on my machine I need to use negative numbers.

Any help would be appreciated. Changing to radius mode is the bigger issue. If I have to turn all the X values to negative (just by editing the g-code text file) manually that's not a big deal but cutting them all in half manually is a much bigger pain.

Thanks

Edit your post processor file (*.GPP) to multiply by -1 and to devide the result by two. I can't recall without looking if SolidCAM has a setting in the MAC file for outputting Radius values or not; if so then things are a lot easier.

Who configured the post for your machine? If it was your reseller, then get on to them. If not start reading up the help files for "GPP Tool" as this is where the post stuff is kept.

It might be easier just to multiply by -.5 in you .gpp file. Like this "xpos_f = '5.3/3(*-.5)"

Regards
    GDG