587,613 active members*
3,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Chinese 40 W CO2 Laser Engraver Machine; my trials and thoughts as a novice.

Hybrid View

Chinese 40 W CO2 Laser Engraver Machine; my trials and thoughts as a novice.

I received my Chinese 40W CO2 engraving machine last week. The machine really arrived a week earlier but the second box with power cord, software, fan and pump, etc. arrived by ground delivery a week later. Setup was not difficult after reading and watching YouTube videos for awhile trying to decide whether to buy a cheap machine.

My first experience with the software was not too bad. I did one of the Moshidraw examples and some simple text. No problems. Then the laser finished, but did not move to the home position. From my reading I thought for sure the Moshi board was bad as this seems to be a common problem, with a new board or retrofit being the only solution. I immediately contacted my eBay seller and discovered the office was in China, the warehouse in California. China is a 12 hour time difference so I sent an email, and tried to call the China office only to find out my lack of any "Chinese" was a real hindrance. I will say to my surprise my original email was answered requesting I send a short video of the problem, but no email address was included(you can't send video thru eBay). Via email I requested an address and after the 12 hour delay I received a reply with a Hotmail address. Sent the video, and 12 hours later received an email with two attachments promising to solve the problem. Although the instructions were not easy to understand, I did figure out how to apply the "repair" to the board and to my great joy the machine now works perfectly.

I use the engraver as a hobby and have no real need for cutting at this time but can see many opportunities for doing some cutting. So far it has been fun, the machine works, and the results are great on leather, my main medium. Time will tell but for now I am very pleased with my new toy.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm also looking to buy a chinese laser engraver so your experience is encouraging.
    Yoshi

congratulations you got a working k40

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieraydon View Post
    I received my Chinese 40W CO2 engraving machine last week. The machine really arrived a week earlier but the second box with power cord, software, fan and pump, etc. arrived by ground delivery a week later. Setup was not difficult after reading and watching YouTube videos for awhile trying to decide whether to buy a cheap machine.

My first experience with the software was not too bad. I did one of the Moshidraw examples and some simple text. No problems. Then the laser finished, but did not move to the home position. From my reading I thought for sure the Moshi board was bad as this seems to be a common problem, with a new board or retrofit being the only solution. I immediately contacted my eBay seller and discovered the office was in China, the warehouse in California. China is a 12 hour time difference so I sent an email, and tried to call the China office only to find out my lack of any "Chinese" was a real hindrance. I will say to my surprise my original email was answered requesting I send a short video of the problem, but no email address was included(you can't send video thru eBay). Via email I requested an address and after the 12 hour delay I received a reply with a Hotmail address. Sent the video, and 12 hours later received an email with two attachments promising to solve the problem. Although the instructions were not easy to understand, I did figure out how to apply the "repair" to the board and to my great joy the machine now works perfectly.

I use the engraver as a hobby and have no real need for cutting at this time but can see many opportunities for doing some cutting. So far it has been fun, the machine works, and the results are great on leather, my main medium. Time will tell but for now I am very pleased with my new toy.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    congratulations you got a working k40

hahahahha well said Lucy

I have also purchase a CO2 40W cheap chinese laser cutter/engraver from ebay and since now I have some fun with it with no problems so far!
    Here is some projects I have done with stock parts... I need to make an air assist for the future wich I think would halp me for cutting.... Enjoy

mk14keyb1sttries - YouTube

dorakia laser - YouTube

a500fan makingof doro - YouTube