587,311 active members*
3,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OI does not move after M3 Command

Fanuc OI does not move after M3 Command

I have maintained this lathe changed encoder and amplifier of x axis. now both x and z axis work fine.

For some weird reason when starting a program the machine follows all moves till it reaches a spindle start command and stops there after starting the spindle and running it . No errors show up. I am sure it not a fault. It is a misconfiguration in some way.

Can anyone help me out on this one.

Both batteries are empty and we will replace them ASAP. A yellow APC is flashing at the bottom of the screen. But don t think this is the problem as g1 g0 commands run well before S100 M3 command, where it stops and does not move to next line.

I am not a operator of this machine so it could also be a misconfiguration in operator mode.

Check what that flashing light means, you should try to know this before proceeding further.
    As for the line getting stuck at M3, is it a new machine you've been configuring and programming yourself? Anyways check in your ladder that M code allows signal "M,S,T code end" G0004.3 to be activated in your ladder after using M3 or M4 and that the action of said M-code has been confirmed (you should do this for any relevant M code actually). Not having this would keep your program at this line indefinitely without any errors just as you described.

flashing APC is for the empty batteries of the Pulsecoder I know that and will change them with new ones. The machine is not a new one. it was working fine before cable connecting pulsecoder and amplifier got cut leading both to to loose their id data. Both i have replaced with new ones. did nt change anything in ladder or elsewhere. I could recheck on that if i know how to reach there and what exactly i should look at. I believe i get a signal on the spindle diagnostic display. How do i reach ladder? and are there parameters that could influence this

Are you using a different brand for spindle drive? Maybe missing signal that confirms spindle speed reach or something like that.

yes it is not a fanuc drive. as much as i can remember now it should be an toshiba inverter. an encoder i believe it could be a fanuc one is connected to the spindle with a belt gives a feed back. while giving a s100 m3 command the speed is displayed on the display. i downloaded the pmc manual. and looked through posts and saw in one that this could happen through an overload signal given by the drive. I believe i could see if such a signal is given on the spindle display...

wow ok that fix the problem. Spindle speed arrival signal (SAR) was missing. Somehow a parameter in the inverter got changed leading in that the PMC did not get a confirmed signal that spindle is on frequenzy.This signal is given to the PMC . I still did nt get why it was influencing g1 command. but after fixing it all other problems disapeared. So I m glad all is fixed now. Thank you so much...