587,997 active members*
2,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Save 100% on Tooling cost and set up time on milling thin parts with the Doo-Bee Stop

Save 100% on Tooling cost and set up time on milling thin parts with the Doo-Bee Stop

The Doo-Bee Stop is a new product sold only by DynaPowernamics Inc. We are starting out with the smaller level one products first. We have hundreds of more advanced new products for the machinists and manufacturing industries to come in the future so check it out and stay tuned.
    http://www.dynapowernamics.com

The product can be bought NOW at the e-bay store here:
    http://stores.ebay.com/DynaPowernamics-Inc/

:wave:

Is there anything better on the market????? please let me know?????

I wouldn't quite call it a new product. The machinist at work uses something very similar quite regularly, and has for a long time (we don't have many new tools in our machine shop). Only difference is it only has one bolt and two springs.

I plan on rolling out the small pebbles before my new big boulders…..;-)

Hi jderou,
    That is true it is not totally new but it is a new product improvement and is what I call a level #1 product development. The one you are talking about (the one bolt) tends to slip around on some set-ups in a production environment and can scrap your production. Also it is not front mountable, if you mount it in the front you will have that bolt head sticking in your way. Then you will have a hard time running thin part. The Doo-Bee Stop can run 5/32” (.160) thin parts on up to what ever size you need and you don’t have to grind or modify anything. If you do grind or have to modify the one bolt model, you will not be able to use it on other size vise jaws with out replacing the bolt. And that can cost you more shop time then you really want to waste.

You are right it isn’t a total break threw new product but I plan on rolling out the small pebbles before my new big boulders…..;-) :wave:

I've read through everything on your site - I can't figure out what these do? Why would someone need these?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

it looks to me like a alignment and spacing clamp. Price isn't to bad for two of them. For 20 bucks i think it would cost more in time to build one yourself

It would help if one had a few secret weapons at their disposal or tools of trade.

Hi JavaDog and SendKeys, :wave:

If you read my e-bay store add: http://stores.ebay.com/DynaPowernamics-Inc/ it shows you in total detail what it does. But if you are not a professional machinist or toolmaker you might not totally understand or appreciate the added benefits of the Doo-Bee Stop, compared to other products on the market. Let me explain in more detail, a machinist machines a piece of metal to the specifications of ones assigned blueprints in a machine shop. Depending on the shop the machinist works in, he usually get a stack of blueprints per day and then has to make or machine those parts to within the tolerances of those blueprints. In doing so he might need to move from machine to machine depending which one is open or available at that time and not set up running production already. The machinist has with the blueprints an estimated production rate or how long it should take for a standard machinist to make those parts, he has to meet this time standards OR BEAT IT. In trying to beat these production standards it would help if one had a few secret weapons at their disposal or simply put tools of the trade. Me being a toolmaker and machinist all my life and loving every minute of it was always given the small little hard jobs (not floating buy on gravy production) to run, but sometimes thin parts with lots of drilling, milling and taping on the sides. Anyway a machinist has to be able to set-up that thin part fast in order to make the production rates. And can’t waste time making added tooling or looking around the shop to find something he can gyro rig to be used as a material shop on those thin parts. Back to the basics a machinists needs to call off on one side of the part all the blueprints dimensions. In doing so needs to set up the part or parts against a material shop like the Doo-Bee Stop that can position the thin parts before the vise is clamp down to hold the parts in the exact same position for the final machining production process. If you are running a CNC milling machine you can set up 1 Doo-Bee Stop or 2 to run two parts at the same time or four parts at the same time. The Doo-Bee Stop is 1.500 long and you would have to program your CNC milling machine for the off sets. The Doo-Bee Stop not only saves you set-up time and tooling cost but can double your production time standards. Also you are right the Doo-Bee-Stop is square and can help you alignment your parts straight in your set-ups. But I have a total other product that is made just for that and it is not on the market just yet, still being tested. The Doo-Bee Stop is universal and can be used on almost any milling machine vise jaws around and has a one size fit all ability. I have also used it in setting up angle plate jobs, drilling press set-ups and also on radial drills for printing press frames manufacturing and even on fixtures. The sky is the limit and it is up to the imagination of the machinist or builder. They can be use anyway you might need them to be used even motorcycle builders and woodworkers can use these stops on some of their products. I hope this helps you understand what it is and what it does. They are a real time saver and come in really handy for the professionals out here dealing with thin part production.