587,887 active members*
3,273 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Diary of a FoamCutter building a jgro router table

Threaded View

Diary of a FoamCutter building a jgro router table

Well here I am, bitten by the CNC bug. First its a CNC Foamcutter, now a Router. Besides cutting wings, I've had equal fun cutting foam art. See the example below.

First off, a big thanks to jgro for the most excellent plans. Its been said by many folks in this forum, and I'll repeat it again. Wow, the plans are great, easy to understand, read, and simple to build.

I started with the two base assemblies. They went together easy, cutting the components with the table saw. The two subassemblies are glued but not nailed. I'm likely to use drywall screws instead of nails. Is that ok, or should I just use nails?

Not much to see yet. I'll make some progress in the evenings this week. But I have only Monday thru Friday to work on it, then a two week break, as I'll be travelling for work.

Me and a co-worker (John Miller) got the CNC router bug while discussing CNC topics at the coffee pot. Its entirely Johns fault that I'm building this table. John is also building a jgro. I'm hoping that John will show us his progress as well. By the way, John is a far better craftsman then I, so we can expect a higher grade of work from him.

Wish me luck.
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06585.jpg   Jon Stones trophy.jpg