587,529 active members*
3,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > 134 fixed now I am getting a 106 on my HL-2

134 fixed now I am getting a 106 on my HL-2

I really cant believe this now, I fixed the wire for the pressure sensor for the pump now the turret wont home and it gets a 106 alarm or "A Servo Error Too Large"

So when I go to through the start up sequence the axises all go to their home then the turret extends out to home it self and the alarm pops up.

Anyone have any light bulbs of what can be going on now?

Question:

Do you get the alarm when the turret unlocks and tries to move?

Does the turret move at all?

If it only moves forward and does not try to rotate it could be that it is not fully unlocking. However, that should also give you a servo overload alarm but if the error too large alarm pops up too quickly it gets there before the time out on the overload.

Have you started digging under the covers? I had this alarm several years ago after a turret crash while toolchanging and I can type up a description of watching the tech fix it; at least as much as I could see.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

the turret moves out then it alarms, I am not for sure if it is on locking or moving out properly but, after it alarms out it is able to wiggle back and forth on the rotational axis ever so slightly.

I have looked around the main cabinet and didn't see any loose wires/connectors but I have yet to take off the back panel.

Well last weekend I swapped both encoders and boards with the X axis and it seems that I had a a axis board. So the 106 is clear but now I need to re align the turret since I messed with the encoder. Is there a good write up or any info on the turret alignment for a hl?

that is set by par 212. You go into debug then pos-raw-dat check the a axis position and add or subtract it to the value you have in 212

Thanks everyone looks like its online