587,262 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Need help identifying these Hurco air control parts

Need help identifying these Hurco air control parts

Hello,

I am doing a retrofit on a km3p, and want to use some of the factory parts such as the air brake, auto oiler & timer, & the air pressure switch that won't let the machine start unless it has the required air pressure needed.

Could someone help me identify these parts? I have some pics and the items are numbered.

Item #1 is where the air inlet fitting attaches.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hurco air 1.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	132115

Item#2 has pneumatic oil in it and it goes to the air brake and perhaps something else.

Item #3??? I don't know. It has some exhaust filters on it.

Item #4 is a pressure regulator for ??????

Name:	hurco air 2.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	132116

Item #5 id the reservoir for the way lube/ auto oiler.

Name:	hurco air 3.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	132117

Item #6 is a control box or timer for ?????????

Name:	hurco air 4.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	132118

Item #7 is a small switch that has air to it & electric wire running to item#6

Name:	hurco air 5.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	132119

Thanks in advance,
    JAckal
    Everything is bio-degradable, if you run over it enough times with the lawnmower.

Hi JAckal!
    Item #5 is the way lubricator. Is it air powered? My machine's got an electrically powered way lubricator - I've never seen one like yours.
    Item #7 is the air valve for the air powered way lubricator. The control turns it on once in a while just long enough to give a shot of way lube. I have the same air valve, on my machine it's for the air supply to the mist coolant.
    Item #6 is the air pressure switch. I've got exactly the same one. If you take the cover off you'll have both NO and NC terminals, and an adjustment for the setting. I think the wiring between #6 and #7 is just for convenience, and the wire from #7 just passes through #6 to go into the electrical cabinet.
    Item #4 looks like the pressure regulator for #5.
    Item #3 is a block of electrically controlled air valves. One probably controls the brake. The others, I can't say what they do.
    Item #1 & #2 together are the main air filter/regulator/lubricator. The air tube attached to the brass 'T' fitting carries unlubricated air. Do you have a mist coolant system? That's what the unlubricated air goes to on my machine. The air fitting on the outlet of the lubricator has, well, lubricated air. On my machine this goes to the toolchanger and the drawbar cylinder, presumably to the brake on your machine.
    I'd think you could just leave it all be, and reuse it all. The electrical valves almost certainly work on 24VDC, and you could trigger them (from Mach?) to turn the brake off & on. If one electrical valve runs the way lubricator, you could just set up a timer to turn it on every so often to give a shot of way oil.

Aaron is spot on there.
    The regulator (4) is the pressure for the slide lubricator and should not be above 40PSI on the gauge as it will blow the oil pipes.
    The bank of three air solenoids are usually for the brake, the slide lubricator and the mist coolant. The one on the left in your picture is no longer connected and has been replaced by the Mac valve (7).

Wow guys!!!

Thanks for the quick replies. My machine has the mist coolant but it never has worked.

The way lube is air powered. I will probably have a manual switch for the air brake on the control panel.

Thanks for the info. I'll take the cover off of the air pressure switch ( item #6) and look at it. < ( Is the pressure switch that keeps the machine from starting without air located in this control?)

That Mac valve ( item#7) should be attached to a timer in the power cabinet, then? I'll trace it down.

I carefully removed everything in the control side and I am waiting to see what is needed on the power side before anything is touched in that cabinet.

Thanks again,

JAckal
    Everything is bio-degradable, if you run over it enough times with the lawnmower.

Jackal, do you have schematics for this? The lubricator is normally timed via a relay on the relay panel. The brake too is controlled in that way. If you need a drawing of it all, give me a nod.
    Cheers, fella.