587,449 active members*
2,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Newbie

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello and ask my first question.
    I have a newly purchased 67' Bridgeport Series 1 J Head Mill with an L200-015nfu VFD. I do not have a programming manual for it and have no idea how to program it. The problem is that the motor loads up and the VFD does not supply constant current on light cuts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Fordman76

vfd hookup

Just curious, how do you have your VFD hooked up to your machine? Did you simply plug your entire machine into the vfd or only wire in the motor?

I have a 240v 20 amp plug in the ceiling of my shop which feeds an industrial push button switch. This in turn feeds over to the VFD. The VFD is then connected to the original roll switch on the J head and then to the motor.
    I know that this is not proper as the VDF should be connected directly to the motor. This is how the previous owner had it hooked up. I use the roll switch as he did to reverse the motor direction with the VFD at 0.0 HZ output only and this is usually only when using the back gear with speed changes.
    I have since gone through the program and made some adjustments to some of the perameters. I have found it easier to just set it at 60HZ and use the VFD to convert the single phase to 3 pahse and on/off operation. I am a hobbiest and most parts will be one off for 4x4 trucks and drag racing chassis etc.

Thanks Fordman76