587,229 active members*
3,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Multicam MG 304 Specs

I am looking to buy a Multicam MG 304 and wanted to know the power requirements to run the machine.
    Also looking for an owners manual. These machines are hard to obtain information on !

It is a 5HP 3 phase tool changer 8 tray, with a 20 HP vacuum

I am on single phase power running a 40 HP phase converter which will run the vacuum, but i need to know the power requirements of the machine itself.

Is the computer system, drives and everything ran of three phase or is it ran off single phase? I think i will have to buy a separate converter to run the spindle, but what about the rest of the components? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Justin

Multicam machines can be built with various power input requirements. Best to get the serial number and ask the factory to research it.

Neal

Most Multicam router rarely need more then a 30amp circuit @220volt 3ph but the machine has a transformer that can be tapped, normally 208-252, if you have to shoot for the 208 volt, try for 210 to give your self a buffer for your 5v,24v power supplies.

Does the general 30 amp rating include the spindle ?
    So I would need a seperate converter to run the entire cnc or just the spindle ?

All Multicams I've seen will have one 3 phase connection that handles the controller and the Spindle(s) inverter(s). The inverter(s) will be in the control cabinet or mounted near it depending on age. On my MC Pro the vacuum pump (20hp Baldor motor & Kaiser Pump) requires a separate dedicated connection. It's wired to a 50 amp 3phase breaker, MC spec's a 60 amp breaker. My machine is a Pro 102 with 2 Z's - 7hp Colombo Spindles. MC spec's a 220v, 3ph, 60amp connection for the controller with the spindles. Check the vac pump's operation if possible. If you purchase make sure the filters are clean or new, roots type pumps do not like any particles running thru them, change the oil in the pump and check the motor/pump drive belts, most run three matched v belts.

Neal

Many thanks to all that have responded.
    I am now armed with some new information.

The electronics are housed in a seperate small cabinet about. 1 foot deep x 3' wide x 5' tall
    The vacuum is a multicam vacuum positive displacement 20hp

The serial number is MG30441746
    Volts / Amps are 220 / 30 amps

So I presume that I will be running a seperate three phase converter to the machine that is capable of a 30 amp load. 15 to. 20 hp ?

Here's some good sizing info for phase converters: Get the right TEMCo 3 Phase Converter for your application. Learn how!

Neal