I have an 80's lathe with a Fanuc 6t control. I started it up and both axis were already at home but I wasn't sure the machine knew that. So I decided to do the zero return anyway just to be safe. Only it caused an over travel in x which was the axis I was sending home. when I tried to clear the alarm and move the axis away from the limit switch I had a second alarm come up. A 401 servo alarm. After doing some research I though that it may of been against the hard limit switch. It seemed like the three things that were recommended were some sort of over travel release switch/button combo to hold at power up ( i couldn't find anything like that for a 6t), to bypass the limit switches electrically, or to move the ball screws manually until it is off the limit switches. I went with moving the ball screws. So I powered up after moving the ball screws and had no alarms until I tried to move the axis. The control shows the axis is moving but it doesn't actually move. after about three seconds of holding down the jog button it alarms in the axis I was trying to jog. Any help would be greatly appreciated.