587,624 active members*
3,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hardinge vmc1000

I need to change the rubber seal on each segment of the axis cover plate on a vmc 1000 but i dont know where i could find this kind of seal.
    Anybody know?

We have two of these in our shop and both of them have had near-catastrophic y-axis way-cover failures at least twice. Had to order new way-cover sets to get the seals replaced, and had to call Hardinge to get 'em. Can't remember price, seems like it was over $1k at a shot for the whole x-y axis set. On the third failure on one of the two machines, we finally had enough and ripped 'em off and replaced the whole shebang with a custom-fit rubber sheet to protect the y-axis, and let the x-axis covers beat themselves to death. We are machining plastic dry with high pressure air blast for chip clearance so it's not as much of a problem as if we were running coolant in a metal machine.....anyway, to cut to the chase, give Hardinge a call. Don't have the # handy, sorry about that, but somebody else here must have it. Hope you get it sorted out...just be prepared to do this repair again.

Rob.

vmc1000
    Ive goten parts through a yang dealer in Orange ,Ca 92868

i just buought one also, am trying to get it up and running it has a siemens control 810 d i am sure having lots of trouble figuring out how it likes everything, now trying to figure out how to dnc to control any thoughts

I need a tool magazine for a Hardinge machine center VMC1000, can someone help me find it please?

Did you try to call hardinge, They stop selling replacement part via their web site shophardinge.com but if you send a request, they will help you, i've bought some part directly from hardinge since they close theire online shop. You could also find a lot of independent dealer that charge you until twice the price that hardinge charge

Quote Originally Posted by samu View Post
    Did you try to call hardinge, They stop selling replacement part via their web site shophardinge.com but if you send a request, they will help you, i've bought some part directly from hardinge since they close theire online shop. You could also find a lot of independent dealer that charge you until twice the price that hardinge charge
    Thank you I guess I got a bit ancient, I found a distributor in Houston willing to help.