587,683 active members*
3,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > offset shift and part off

offset shift and part off

ok. i have to make several washer type samples. they will be 3.00" dia. x .3125" thick. i would like to make 5 pcs before bar pull. someone tells me that i can use a G52. is this possible? i think it was G52. any ideas ???

Quote Originally Posted by nitemare
    ok. i have to make several washer type samples. they will be 3.00" dia. x .3125" thick. i would like to make 5 pcs before bar pull. someone tells me that i can use a G52. is this possible? i think it was G52. any ideas ???
    You can use G52. Write your program as normal but make it a subroutine, do your normal tool offsets. For the first piece just call the subroutine from the main program. Then have G52 Z-(thickness of part plus thickness of parting tool plus a facing allowance if you need it) and call the subroutine again. Everything is moved toward the chuck by the Z-value. Repeat this using G52 Z-2(ditto from above) then Z-3( ), etc.

After the fifth part-off have G52 Z0. to cancel your G52 shifts then go to your bar pull and start the sequence again.

Alternatively you can use multiple work zeroes in which case you obtain the Z shift by entering the values for the different work zeroes from five G10 lines; G54 Z0., G55 Z-(ditto from above), G56 Z-2( ), etc. Now you just set the different work zeroes before the subroutine calls.

Be careful doing this sort of thing and make sure you track the machine motion in graphics mode if you can to ensure you are not shifting yourself into the chuck.