I have an Emco PC Mill 50. I converted it to Mach 3 and Gecko G540 with the help of this forum. Its been working pretty well in tests and non precision jobs, I now want to start doing some precision work so bought a protram kit. Side to side the tram was slightly off but easily fixed, however back to front (I think they call it nod) is also out. I see no way to adjust this short of shimming which I will do this weekend. When looking to see if I could find front to back adjustment I found at top right and bottom left of the head what look like adjusters of some kind. There is a locking nut which when undone releases a very long grub screw, it does not appear to contact with anything or do anything when moved though, as mentioned their is one at top right of the head, on the side and one bottom left underneath in the same plane as the spindle. I have the manual and it makes no mention of these other than in the parts breakdown where it is just called a setscrew.
Anybody know what they are for? They really seem like they should be adjusting the tram or something. I will post a photo this weekend if nobody recognises the parts I am talking about.