587,468 active members*
3,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Yaskawa SGDH-15AE Servo Alarm code A.bf

Yaskawa SGDH-15AE Servo Alarm code A.bf

Hello all, I recently purchased a yaskawa sigma 2 SGDH-15AE from ebay which was listed as "used item in working condition and tested in working equipment". I think it might be faulty, but decided to run it by you fine folks on the forums first before asking for a refund.

When I first turn the power on to the drive (this is just the 240V single phase connection on L1C and L2C), the display reads "A.bf". The manual's description of this code is:

Alarm name: System Alarm
    Description: A system error occurred in the servo amplifier

I can not find any other information in the manual as to how to trouble shoot this alarm. I've tried searching yaskawa's FAQ's and google for information on this code, but only come up w/ the user manual. The alarm code stays when I switch on power to the motor supply portion, and is the same with or without a motor/encoder connected.

Another thing to note: the "charge" light does not come on when powering up L1C and L2C. The charge light does come on when I power up L1, L2, L3, but it immediately goes out when killing power to L1, L2, L3, which doesn't seem right to me.

I'm a first time user of these drives, so don't know a whole lot about them. I also purchased some SGDH-02AE drives and was able to get them up and running (well, jogging) without much trouble. The -15AE is wired exactly the same way (except 3 phase power, and a jumper between B2 and B3 which the manual says to do).

So, do I have a faulty drive, or am I missing something simple (parameter changes, etc.)

Any input or suggestions are much appreciated.

thanks,

Brian

fbmstar

A.bf System Alarm, you have something wired wrong, or the wrong motor wired to it, the SGDH-15AE is a 3phase drive, I don't think you should have a jumper on any terminals, I have never seen this for a 3phase drive, you could try L2 & L3 only for the input power if you are using 230v single phase, do not jumper any Power terminals

Are you using 3phase 230v or single phase 230v

B2 & B3 that is correct

The main thing is everything has to be wired correct, or you will get these alarms, you can also damage the drives, if wired incorrect

What motor do you have connected???
    Mactec54