587,328 active members*
3,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati - noise spindle start and stop

Cincinnati - noise spindle start and stop

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my machine. When I start bigger speed in spindle I can hear noise rap. Please look on the film:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmNy...vfxO2i0jDnChFg

Somebody know what i going on?

Re: Cincinnati - noise spindle start and stop

Sounds like it could be the spindle belt or the pulley on the spindle motor. Look for a loose tool stud. Take an indicator and check the spindle bearing pre-load. Put the indicator on the face of the spindle without a tool in the spindle and press the un-clamp tool button. You should have about 0.002' of movement. Put some die sinkers blueing on the tool and check the tool contact surface area when clamped in the spindle. We want 85 to 100 % contact.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Sounds like it could be the spindle belt or the pulley on the spindle motor. Look for a loose tool stud. Take an indicator and check the spindle bearing pre-load. Put the indicator on the face of the spindle without a tool in the spindle and press the un-clamp tool button. You should have about 0.002' of movement. Put some die sinkers blueing on the tool and check the tool contact surface area when clamped in the spindle. We want 85 to 100 % contact.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Thank you for your answer. I will write here when I check this.

Look, is something wrong with my spindle. When spindle changes tool sometimes make a strange movements. Like on the film. When it is happen, the spindle do not hit on tool holder groove. The spindle should stay in one position . Now the diference betwen position is around 10-15 degree angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZbipTQfDr4

Maybe need to balance the spindle

Setting Spindle Drift

1. Set the Spindle Setup runoff patch ON. Turn Tool Changer Setup patch OFF
    (Runoff and Service page)
    2. In MDI, program M3S0 and press cycle start.
    3. Select the Servo Setup page, and balance any drift on the spindle.
    4. In MDI, program M4S0 and press cycle start.
    5. Select the Servo Setup page, and balance any drift on the spindle.

I do not know how do it in my Haidenhein 415?

Witbike, In the electrical cabinet listed on you prints is a 3-Phase Contactor labeled "M11". This is energized when the door is closed and de-energized with the door open.
    It is inline with the Spindle drive output to the motor. If the door is opened at the end of cycle when the spindle is decelerating it will cause the contacts to ARC and burn.
    This will cause the symptoms you speak of at slow RPMs and when in Contouring mode for M19 and Tool changes. With power off and locked out;
    I would take the "M11" contactor apart and examine the contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Witbike, In the electrical cabinet listed on you prints is a 3-Phase Contactor labeled "M11". This is energized when the door is closed and de-energized with the door open.
    It is inline with the Spindle drive output to the motor. If the door is opened at the end of cycle when the spindle is decelerating it will cause the contacts to ARC and burn.
    This will cause the symptoms you speak of at slow RPMs and when in Contouring mode for M19 and Tool changes. With power off and locked out;
    I would take the "M11" contactor apart and examine the contacts.
    Thank you a lot. I found this contactor. Now machine is working but tomorrow I will check them.
    Is one the bigest problem. When I turn on the machine morning, after a few minutes make a Gross Positioning Error... When the machine is hot this problem not shown again. This problem starts appear when my eletronic man remove a card from my machine. Then the axis make a quite buzzing. It is not a potentiometr, becouse I set it in optimal position.