587,149 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie with cut2d

I have just gotten a table top CNC and am in the process of learning my way around the machine. I am using TurboCAD for CAD, cut2d for CAM and Mach3 to run the machine. I am hoping to make several silver pendants for the girl for Christmas. But am not sure I can accomplish what I intended in cut2d. The blanks are going to be shaped and milled on both sides. I had hoped to mill pockets in my MDF top. The first to take the blank which will be milled in place to shape. The second offset by two inches and shaped to hold the finished piece. My hope was to program cut2d to surface the blank, cut the design and cut the finished shape. At that point pause and move to max Z. I would then flip the piece over place it in the second pocket. Then resume the tool path which would move to the new location and mill the back side of the piece.

Am I just dreaming too large. It appears that cut2d will not do a pause and I can’t see any way to move on to a second location. Can anyone give me a pointer if this indeed possible?

Rich

I do similar work all the time and just create multiple files. Takes seconds to load new file jog machine, change tools, move hold downs or any other operations between files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD