587,787 active members*
2,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Weird Corel Draw lockups with Moshi Plugin

Against all recommendations, I went out and bought a K40. Now, to justify myself, I went in to the purchase with the full knowledge that I'd have to tear the thing down to the bare metal and rebuild it, and install a DSP. I went with a K40 since its size makes it small enough to be very easily portable.

To my surprise, upon receiving it, it came in good nick, the Moshi software install went very well, and everything seemed to be in good alignment out of the box. The Moshi software itself is painfully rough, but the CorelDraw 12 plugin has worked astonishingly well, so far. I put off my DSP upgrade for the time being, and have been banging away with Moshi.

I ran into a problem last night though that just baffles me. So far, I've either been engraving, cutting simple shapes (squares, circles, etc.) or cutting outlines vectored using Corel Trace, all of which work really well. Last night I went to design a more complex outline, a slot with rounded ends for a typical badge clip. Upon sending this to the laser using the "Engrave with HPGL Option" button like I usually do for vectored shapes, CorelDraw just froze, and I had to end task on both it and the moshi plugin.

I went and did some testing on this, and it seems that shapes traced with Corel Trace work fine, as do individual squares, circles, etc. The moment you join a square and a circle with the "weld" button, or any other button that creates a more "complex" shape, sending it to the laser causes Moshi and Corel Draw to lock up.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Corel Draw 12, and Moshi 9.96 I believe.

I'm not presently at home, but will post some screenshots of steps to replicate and confirm software versions when I arrive.

Thanks!

-C

Hi,

I got one yesterday too and I was surprised at how well it went too considering the stories you hear.

Check what revision your MoshiBoard controller is. Mine was 4.6 so I am able to use MoshiDraw14 which is really simple to use if you know CorelDraw. Looks miles ahead of 9.96 that came with the machine.

MoshiDraw14 English

Also they have a Corel specific version now, MoshiLaser, that cuts out MoshiDraw altogether and goes straight to the Output window from Coreldraw.

MoshiLaser for CorelDraw English

Only issue I have with this at the moment is that when I engrave from Corel the CDR file stays open as you would expect but when I CUT the CDR file saves and closes when the cutter window comes up so I have to re-open it to continue working once I have cut.

Cheers
    Stot

Looks like they have updated MoshiLaser for Coreldraw and it doesnt close the file anymore. Makes it really easy to combine graving and cutting straight from Corel you just need to work your page in layers and turn on off layers depending on wether you want to cut/engrave them or not. Beats splashing out £350 on a DSP and drivers for now.

MoshiLaser for CorelDraw English.

Server is temprimental but keep trying and you get to download it.

Cheers
    Stot

Excellent, I'll check the version of my controller and see if I can run the newer version. My controller board looks much better made than a lot of the photos I've seen online. I'll have a look at the silkscreen and see what it says.

give that a whirl and see how it goes. Are there any quirks to installing that I should be aware of, or is it just a straight uninstall of Old Moshi, and a fresh install of new moshi along with Moshi for Corel Draw?

Cheers!

-C

Just uninstall old Moshi and re-install, I had no headaches at all. You dont need MoshiDraw installed to use MoshiLaser and it even works with 64bit Corel which is great because the 'Link' from MoshiDraw doesnt.

Cheers
    Stot

Re: Weird Corel Draw lockups with Moshi Plugin

Do you have a new link to the corel fix for moshidraw. The one posted below is no longer there
    Thanks, Jeff

Re: Weird Corel Draw lockups with Moshi Plugin