587,218 active members*
2,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

just saying Hello

hey guys. i just found this place. my god, a can't believe all the sub forums in here :wow:

anyway

i have had my 1220xl for, um, maybe 12 years. seems we all have the common problems. and i am always finding new ones
    i don't have much room, thats why i chose this model.

so, who is currently coming in here ?

Jesse

Well....Jesse...."No, we don't have common problems...most of us don't own a smithy....other then that....we are definitely a wealth of information on what to buy and what not to buy....and then.....well if you bought that....we can help you make it better."...."Welcome to the forum!"

thanx for the welcome. i hope there are others that come in here. i meant "common problems", as in, the Smithy owners... yes, i know its not even close to being a nice machine. but its paid for, and i don't have the room for "good" machines... so, i have to, somewhat often, twist its arm to make it do what i want... i have done some mods to make it more accuate. and i can get .0005 on the lathe when i need to.

wish there was more traffic in this sub-forum. but i can understand why there isn't.

Jesse

I have had my smithy for several years and use it almost daily, I have been thinking of making it CNC on the lathe part only , I have a mill converted already. A freind of mine has the smaller smithy and I didn't like haveeing to remove the chuck to use the mill so I opted for the 1220 ltd, I was going to try and sell it and get just a lathe but havent made up my mind yet. The 1220 ltd has done everything that I have needed to do so far.
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com