587,375 active members*
3,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Can not Add New Machine

Can not Add New Machine

V25 build 996:
    When I try to add a new machine via right click on “Milling Tools”>”Default”>”Current Settings”; then I click on “Add” button create a “Machine Name” click “Ok”. Upon exiting from the “Machine Parameters” screen and return to the screen the new machine which I just added cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?
    Some Additional Information: I did not load the software on C: drive but on E: Drive by using the “Custom” set up type. Under “Preferences” I verified all the folders were look at the E” drive
    Jeff

Re: Can not Add New Machine

Should be found here:
    (Installed Drive) E:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\MachSim\(name of machine)

If not found, try looking for it on C drive. Many programs will install on specified drive, yet still use the C drive for some defaults....
    If still not found... Use Windows search function to search drives for (name of machine). Be sure to add "*" before the name and after the name. AKA:
    *BC_3x_Mill*

Since I posted I uninstalled the software from the E: drive and reinstalled on the C: drive. Everything works fine now. However I would like to install on the E: drive as the C; drive is a solid state drive with limited space. Any thoughts why the software does not work properly when preforming a "Custom" installation on E: drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jshank View Post
    Since I posted I uninstalled the software from the E: drive and reinstalled on the C: drive. Everything works fine now. However I would like to install on the E: drive as the C; drive is a solid state drive with limited space. Any thoughts why the software does not work properly when preforming a "Custom" installation on E: drive.
    For what it`s worth my advice would be to keep the software on the "C" SSD drive, you can easily save stuff to the "E" drive but the SSD will be much faster if the "E" drive is a normal 7200rpm SATA and that is what you need most of all, especially with V25, it is slower than V26 and seems to need more resources, I have SSD drives and the difference is substantial

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: